• In order for a tenant to establish residential water/sewer service, a security deposit of $150.00 is required, along with a photo ID and a housing inspection. A $200.00 deposit for a business.There is no deposit required for a homeowner, who shows proof of ownership. A 24-hour notice is needed to begin service. If the water is not on at the address, someone needs to be present when the service technician arrives to turn on the water.
• This deposit cannot be used against a late bill; however, it can be used against your final water bill. Or, you may choose to receive a refund of your deposit in full once the final bill has been paid in full.
• A minimum water and sewer bill is $43.50, which is for usage of up to 3,000 gallons per billing cycle.
• Bills are due on the 15th and 28th-30th , depending on the billing cycle.
• If you do not receive your water bill in a timely manner, you may call the Water Office and inquire as to the billed charges for the current billing cycle. Detailed daily usage reports are available upon request..
Note : Bills not paid on or by the due date are subject to a late fee.
• Bank draft (ACH): automatic withdrawal from your checking account is available for for free. The form can be obtained at the Water office or in our
• By phone: Credit card payments may be taken over the phone by calling 618-252-6344 at no extra charge.
• By check: Pay in person or mail to the Harrisburg Water Department, 110 E. Locust, Harrisburg IL 62946, or drop in the night deposit box
located in the front City Hall.
• Cash: When paying in person at the Water Office.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the office. If after hours, please leave a voicemail.
Welcome to the
Harrisburg Water & Sewer Department
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
110 E. Locust Street, Harrisburg, IL 62946